If you work a lot on your PC, you'll know how quickly your desktop can get cluttered. Collecting useful information and ideas can become a mess of browser tags, bookmarks and documents. CintaNotes can help.
CintaNotes is a surprisingly neat note manager, a place where you can easily and quickly collect information while keeping your desktop workable. There are other options like Sticky Notes, but they can get messy and disorganized. CintaNotes works by highlighting text and using a hot key. If you're on a web page, just highlight a part of the text, tap Ctrl + F12 (this can be configured as you like) and a note will appear in CintaNotes. This note will include the text, plus the source, date and time. Searching for a note is simple and in real time as you type in your search term, which makes finding information a cinch.
CintaNotes' interface is very clean and modern, and while it's not skinnable, you can choose the color scheme. You can to minimize the app to the system tray, saving more space. If you use it a lot you can close it to the system tray too, so it's always to hand. CintaNotes will order your notes by date and time, title link or size, as well as add tags to notes and order them that way. There is no image support - it currently only keeps text based notes - though obviously you can keep a note of links to images.
This portable version of CintaNotes can be installed and ran on a USB drive, so you can take your notes with you.
CintaNotes is a really well realized note manager, and is a fantastic way to quickly store and retrieve ideas and information.
- Ability to tag imported notes: "Add tags" field in the import dialog.Enhancement
- Licensed version is now fully portableEnhancement
- License key file is written into the CintaNotes folder. Only if the write into this folder fails (when e.g. the folder is inside of Program Files), the Application Data folder is used.
- Editor window could open on wrong monitor in a multi-monitor system.Fix
- Editor: Pasting from MS OneNote was not working.Fix
- Search for "-word" with "Search inside words" ON produced wrong results.Fix
- Fixed lost portability because of storing absolute paths to .db files: now relative paths are used for .db files located in the application folder and below.Fix
- Fixed SQLite syntax error on searching for "|".Fix
- Fixed possible "Internal protection error" problem.Fix
- Automatic notebook reloading was not properly working, which could hinder DropBox sync.Fix
- Fixed wrong editor window positioning when closed while partly off-screen.Fix
- Tag highlight highlighted "|" even when it meant OR.Fix
- Fixed huge search performance drop when using the OR operator ("|").Fix
- Fixed CN crash at startup if notebook drive was inaccessible.Fix
- Fixed exception on closing notebook if the next file in MRU list had been deleted.Fix
- Fixed tags filter resetting after clipping even with "Assign active tags" option.Fix